Thursday, June 30, 2011

WORD TO THE WISE #4: What's Holding You Back?

In his book, Russell Rules, Bill Russell writes:


"...I really didn't pay that much attention to what people wrote about me. I didn't close my eyes exactly-I was always aware of what went on around me-but I mainly kept my own counsel because what I did was never for anyone else's approval. All I was ever interested in was to do what I did as best I could. Period."


Is there some ambition that you have but are afraid to pursue it because of fear of what others may say or think about you? I've got a dose of reality for you. You're not a clone. This is not Star Trek and you are not Borg. No matter what you do, your experience is not going to be the same as anyone else's. Face it. Someone will have something to say or think about you. That's not important.


What is important is that you remember, you are unique. There is no one else like you. So, go ahead. Do it. Do it for yourself. Just be sure to do it as best you can.


Make your day GLORIOUS!




source: Russell, Bill, and David Falkner. "Eleven Rings, Eleven Lessons in Winning." Introduction. Russell Rules: 11 Lessons on Leadership from the Twentieth Century's Greatest Winner. New York: Dutton, 2001. 3. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment