Saturday, December 10, 2011

WORD TO THE WISE #51: Looking Back

Hello, thank you for your patience! Here's today's Word to the Wise as read on-air this morning. Keep reading for more on today's meditation.

December 10

Looking Back

The underdog does not stop to philosophize about his position.
              - Paul Laurence Dunbar, from The Fanatics

While we can use our time-outs to correct our mistakes or to put in place a new strategy for the play ahead, we need to focus our energy on trying to move on, to break out from behind.

Again, this is not to say that we should not occasionally glance at the clock and get an idea of our position. The point is this: if we dwell on poor past performance - individually or as a team - we risk psyching ourselves out, demoralizing ourselves, and wasting time better spent maneuvering into the lead.

On this day, I will do at least one thing that advances me toward my goal.





One of my goals is to go through clothes that my family no longer wears and donate them to one of the local shelters. Today, I advanced toward that goal by sorting through some of the clothes and putting one full garbage bag of clothes in the back of the truck. This gets the clothes out of the house and now when I'm out I can just swing by and drop the clothes off.

Log in and let me know how you followed through on the Word to the Wise today.

God bless you!

~~~ Charmalene


Copage, Eric V. Black Pearls: Daily Meditations, Affirmations, and Inspirations for African-Americans. New York: Quill, W. Morrow, 1993. Print. 

No comments:

Post a Comment